|New! Buy $90 or more of any product combo from this store and get 10% off your order. Discount not applied to shipping charges.
Recommended Usage: Each full press of the pump
dispenses 6 mg
of USP progesterone. Use 2 full pumps in the morning and 2 full pumps
at night. Some women prefer to take the full dose once a day (4 pumps,
24mg). With Young Again's pump you can choose. We recommend using it
twice a day to insure a steady level of progesterone during 24 hours.
If you have menstrual cycles and are a premenopausal woman, you can
use 2 full pumps in the morning and 2 full pumps at night, from the day
14 of your cycle until the first day of your period.
Directions: Apply two full presses of the pump in the
morning, and two at night. Rotate area of application each time between
inner arms, neck, chest, and face. One full press of the pump dispenses
6 mg of USP Micronized Progesterone.
Young Again's New Progesterone Cream was developed by Sighi
Drassinower, M.D., a Board Certified Physician, American Board of
Anti-Aging Medicine, Harvard University, and a fellow of the American
Association of Anti-Aging Medicine.
Experts Say About Natural Progesterone Cream
There are some
great books on menopause written by physicians. Here
are excerpts from three prominent authors whose books are great
resources for women wanting to educate themselves about natural options
for dealing with menopause.
- "There are many approaches to cooling hot flashes... A progesterone skin cream works in about 85% of perimenopausal women; - The Wisdom of Menopause, Christiane Northrup, MD , 2001, p 125
- "...Since the postmenopausal woman continues to make estrogen in respectable levels and makes little or no progesterone, hot flashes may well respond to progesterone supplementation alone … The vast majority of menopausal problems can be avoided by good nutrition, avoidance of toxins, regular exercise and the proper supplementation, when indicated for hormone balance, of real, honest-to-God, natural progesterone." - What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause, John Lee, MD, 1996, pgs. 122 and 128
- "Due to months or years of irregular ovulation in the perimenopausal years, our production of progesterone is the initial hormone that declines, not estrogen… This relative progesterone deficiency explains many of the perimenopausal changes such as mood swings, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and irregular menses. The goal of natural progesterone cream is to support the waning daily production of progesterone in the body and accomplish physiologic levels of progesterone." - Women's Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, Tori Hudson, ND, 1999, p. 165
- "Imbalanced hormone levels contribute to so-called menstrual migraine during perimenopause and menopause. This type of headache usually comes just before your period, when both estrogen and progesterone levels can fall dramatically. Hundreds of women have been able to completely recover from menstrual and menopausal migraines through the use of progesterone cream. Apply ¼ - ½ tsp on your skin daily for the two weeks prior to your period, or three weeks out of every month if you're no longer having periods." The Wisdom of Menopause, Christiane Northrup, MD , 2001, p 127
All Progesterone and Menopause Creams Are Paraban Free
We recently learned of a 2004 research study suggesting that exposure to parabens may have negative health effects. And while the results of the study are not conclusive, we decided to be proactive. There are no parabens in Young Again and Anti-Aging Neutraceuticals Creams.
How Does Micronized Natural Progesterone Work?
Dr. Drassinower describes Healthy Progesterone Cream™:
For the last 30 years, Dr John Lee has been advocating to use progesterone cream in menopausal and pre-menopausal women. We agreed with that and recommended progesterone cream for many years. Unfortunately Dr. Lee passed away last October, but his legacy and his knowledge are alive.
We recommend measuring progesterone and other hormone levels. Now you can measure hormones in saliva at home; get baseline levels and then monitor these levels until finding the correct ones for you. Make sure to correlate these levels with how you feel. How you feel is very important, not only what the laboratory says. Many times doctors do not listen to what their patients try to tell them and just read lab tests. This is a big mistake. Doctors need to listen to the symptoms and see the signs on their patients that are often more helpful in getting a correct diagnose.
The recommended daily dose is about 20 to 24 mg. This is the dose that your body should produce in your twenties and early thirties.
Transdermal Delivery System: to use progesterone in a transdermal cream is the best way to go. It penetrates the skin and it is very well absorbed. It is the only dose method that approximates to the natural physiologic release of the hormone from the ovaries.
When you use progesterone orally, only 10% to 15% will be available after it's broken down and absorbed through the intestinal wall, passes into the portal vein system and through the liver where it's metabolized and excreted in bile. That is why you need 100 to 400 mg per day of oral progesterone.
Large oral doses also result in a surge of progesterone that peaks in one or two hours, followed by a rapid decline and low levels for the rest of the day. Sublingual drops and vaginal suppositories of progesterone make the levels of progesterone peak even faster. Absorption through mucous membranes such as the ones found in the mouth and the vagina are extremely fast, and blood levels shoot up within twenty minutes. After ninety minutes levels will have dipped way down again. These methods of providing this hormone are not similar to the natural way our body delivers it.
Transdermal progesterone, on the other hand, maintains stable saliva levels for eight hours or more after application, so two small doses daily, providing a total of 20 to 24 mg per day, maintains levels throughout a 24-hour period.
You will find that most of the progesterone creams on the market are sold in jars and require the use of a teaspoon (¼ teaspoon twice a day) to measure the daily dose. These creams should have 500 mg per oz in order to obtain the approximate 20 to 30 mg a day with a ¼ teaspoon.
The problem I always had with this method is that you really do not know how much you are using. Not all the teaspoons are alike, and not all the time you will get exactly j teaspoon. It is an approximate amount, not a consistent dose.
Another problem with this method is that every time you open the jar, the cream gets exposed to the environment. You can avoid that. Remember you want to use this cream for the rest of your life.
Other progesterone creams come in a tube and also require a teaspoon to try to deliver the daily dose.
Some come in a bottle with a pump. The problem with most is that they deliver 20 mg with a full press of the pump. So you use it once a day. If you want to use it twice a day you have to use ½ press of the pump and you will never get the same amount.
Some pumps also have metal parts that are in contact with the cream. Avoid those. Sometimes the metal parts can react with the cream.
Most of the creams also contain chemicals that your body will absorb every day and that may be harmful.
We decided to develop HEALTHY PROGESTERONE CREAM™. Here are five reasons why you should choose it:
- It contains 500 mg of Natural USP Micronized Progesterone per oz.
- This is the amount recommended by Dr John Lee and the reason is that it will deliver the correct amount per day. Some creams do not say on the label: 500 mg USP Micronized Progesterone. So you really do not know how much you are taking and if it is real progesterone. USP Micronized Progesterone is a bio-identical molecule. This means it's identical to the one your ovaries produce.
- Its ingredients are 100% natural. It's naturally unscented for sensitive skin: This product is naturally unscented, so even the most sensitive skin can tolerate it. This is extremely important, as you will be using this for a long time.
- Transdermal Delivery System: It is designed for optimal absorption, with smaller particles and natural oils, which absorb much better than synthetic oils. The result is an unscented non-greasy nutrient-rich body cream.
- Comes in a bottle and has a pump: This helps protect the cream from oxidation and the environment, and dispenses the right amount of progesterone every time you use it. One full press of the pump dispenses 6 mg of USP Progesterone. The 4.4 fl. oz. bottle will last more than 60 days. You can use 2 full presses of the pump in the morning and 2 at night. Some women might prefer to use the full dose once a day (4 pumps, 24 mg). With our pump you can choose whether to use it once or twice a day. We recommend using it twice a day. This way you will have a steady level of progesterone during 24 hours.
Serving Size: 2 pumps = 12 mg
Servings Per Container: 120
Two Pumps Provide: Micronized Natural Progesterone, 12
mg. Daily value has not been established.
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Stearic Acid, and
Contains No: yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, corn, wheat,
sugar, fragrance, and preservatives.
This is a special order item. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
above statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This product is
not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.